Special Educational Needs
SEN Information Report
Welcome to the Beacon Primary Academy Additional Needs team. The team is headed by:
SENCO: Mrs Sarah Mitchell
The team can be contacted through the Academy office. As a team we work hard to ensure that your child achieves their full potential to develops as a whole person by:
- Writing Individual provision Maps (IPM’s) to ensure that your child has bespoke learning targets to help them achieve in our Academy. These targets are reviewed with the children three times a year, and new targets are set.
- Ensuring any intervention is of quality and meets the need of your child, additional from and different to the quality first teaching in the classroom.
- Valuing the pupil voice. Our children are asked regularly about their learning and included in the review process through our ‘All about Me’ sheets.
- Holding regular reviews alongside parents to ensure collaborative learning.
- Being committed to the Code of Practice and ensuring that every child matters.
We are proud:
- of our links with the other Academies in our cluster and use this to ensure that expertise are shared for the benefit of the children.
- Of our working relationships with outside agencies such as the Educational Psychology Team and Specialist Teaching services.
- Of our approachability and open-door policy.
- The rate of progress achieved by some of our SEN children
Please let us know of any comments that you may have.