Rules for Responsible ICT Use
These rules will keep everyone safe and help us to be fair to others:
- I will only use the Academy’s computers for school work and homework.
- I will only edit or delete my own files and not look at, or change, other people’s files without their permission.
- I will keep my logins and passwords secret.
- I will not bring files into the Academy without permission or upload inappropriate material to my workspace.
- I am aware that some websites and social networks have age restrictions and I should respect this.
- I will not attempt to visit Internet sites that I know to be banned by the Academy.
- I will only e-mail people I know, or a responsible adult has approved.
- The messages I send or information I upload, will always be polite and sensible.
- I will not open an attachment, or download a file, unless I know and trust the person who has sent it.
- I will not give my home address, phone number, send a photograph or video, or give any other personal information that could be used to identify me, my family or my friends, unless a trusted adult has given permission.
- I will never arrange to meet someone I have only ever previously met on the Internet, unless my parent/carer has given me permission and I take a responsible adult with me.
- If I see anything I am unhappy with or I receive a message I do not like, I will not respond to it but I will show a teacher / responsible adult.